I have recently realized the cleaning power of 1 drop of doTERRA Lemon Oil. My husband and I own a home improvement company that does countertops, cabinets, and flooring. At one of our customer’s houses, the cabinets were being touched up after installation and some of the paint lacquer splattered on the wood floors. The splatters were not noticed when they happened so the lacquer dried on the wood floor. My husband was very concerned about what he would use to remove the spots without ruining the wood floor.
He was considering 5 kinds of toxic cleaning products. The main concern was to not damage the wood floor when removing the spots. I suggested he use lemon oil. I had not used it for that purpose before but because of its strong cleaning properties it made sense to give it a try. It certainly would not hurt anything if it didn’t work.
When he arrived and explained to the customer what he was going to use to clean the spots she was very doubtful that it would work. He had all the other cleaning options in his truck just in case it didn’t work. No need to use any of the other cleaners! One drop of dōTERRA Lemon Oil on a cotton ball was all it took to get the paint lacquer spots off the wood floor! The customer and also my husband were astonished at how easy it was to remove them. She then tells my husband that she has lemon oil herself. His answer was perfect — “Is it dōTERRA Lemon oil”? Her answer was “no it isn’t.” He then responded with — “Then it won’t work”. Ha ha ha ha ha!
Lemon oil has a multitude of benefits and uses. I use it mainly in my water that I drink everyday to help detox and cleanse my body. You must make sure you use a glass cup or water bottle when you use lemon oil. doTERRA Lemon Oil is a potent essential oil that will break down plastic cups and bottles when used in your drinks.
Here are more tips on how to use dōTERRA Lemon Oil.
- Add Lemon essential oil to your water for a refreshing taste or as an alternative to sodas and sugary drinks. When taken internally, Lemon oil can also naturally cleanse the body and aid in digestion.* You can even add a drop of Lemon essential oil and sliced fruit to your water for a delicious infused flavor.
- Whether you like working on your bike, your car, or projects in the garage, you know the frustration of trying to get black grease off your hands. No matter how hard you scrub with soap, there always seems to be a greasy residue left behind. Give your soap a little extra cleaning power by adding a few drops of Lemon essential oil to your soap mixture, and give your hands a good scrub.
- Have you ever tried using Lemon oil for skin? It turns out that Lemon essential oil can help exfoliate your skin. When incorporated into your skincare routine, Lemon oil can help give your complexion a refreshed, healthy looking glow. To make your own homemade exfoliant scrub, combine 4–5 drops of dōTERRA Lemon essential oil to a small amount of oatmeal and water. As you apply the Lemon oatmeal scrub to your skin, you will feel the cleansing and refreshing properties of Lemon oil working to exfoliate and clean your skin. Use this amazing scrub only at night since citrus oils are photosensitive.
- When diffused, Lemon essential oil provides an uplifting environment and promotes a positive mood. Due to the chemical makeup of this oil, it has been shown to help improve mood with an energizing and invigorating aroma. If you want to diffuse Lemon oil, use three to four drops in the essential oil diffuser of your choice.
Diffusing Lemon essential oil will also help cleanse and purify the air and surfaces in your home. Whether you are trying to eliminate airborne odors, or just like to keep your house smelling fresh, bright, and clean, Lemon oil is an optimal choice for diffusing. Lemon oil can be used on its own or in a diffuser blend. Looking for a good Lemon essential oil diffuser blend? Add 2 drops of Lemon, 1 drop of Lime, 1 drop of Lavender, and 1 drop of Rosemary to your diffuser for a “Clean Summer Kitchen” aroma.
- The cleansing and preserving qualities of Lemon make it the perfect oil for maintaining your furniture. Whether your furniture could use a good wipe-down, a new shine, or just a little TLC, there are several uses for Lemon essential oil when it comes to cleaning and preserving furniture. By adding a few drops of Lemon essential oil to olive oil, you can create your own non-toxic furniture polish at home. When applied to furniture, Lemon essential oil leaves a clean shine, prevents fine wood finishes from drying out, and can replace lost moisture in antique woods as it penetrates worn finishes. When trying this polish on your own homemade furniture, always apply the polish in an inconspicuous spot before applying it to the entire piece.
While Lemon can work wonders with wood furniture, it is also useful for maintaining leather furniture. It takes a lot of work and special care to preserve a leather couch or leather chair, but Lemon essential oil takes a lot of the work out of it for you with its preservative properties. Use a Lemon oil soaked cloth to wipe down your leather furniture to help preserve the piece and to prevent leather from splitting.
- Are you a fan of lemon-infused desserts? You can add a sweet and zesty punch to your favorite treats and dessert recipes when you add a little Lemon essential oil. When used properly, Lemon essential oil often adds a sweet, sugary taste to desserts, without the processed sugar or other alternative ingredients. For example, Lemon essential oil makes these Blueberry Lemon Muffins a delectable treat. The bold, bright flavor of Lemon oil makes these Honey Suckers the perfect homemade treat. You can cool off in the heat with this delicious and refreshing Strawberry Citrus Slush with Lemon essential oil. Your favorite lemon-flavored treats are just waiting to be transformed—try your hand at baking with Lemon oil today!
- Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals. No need to throw out jewelry, silverware, or other household items that have started to tarnish—just put a couple drops of Lemon essential oil on a cotton ball and rub on the tarnish to bring back the natural beauty of your metals.
- A major benefit of Lemon essential oil is its purifying properties, which makes it the perfect component for homemade cleaning agents. If you are worried about dirt and grime, Lemon essential oil is the perfect solution for cleaning the surfaces of your bathroom and kitchen.
Add Lemon essential oil to a spray bottle of water and use it as a homemade cleaning solution when you wipe down your countertops, baby high chair, bathroom sink, or anything else that needs the purifying power of Lemon. To make the solution even stronger, consider adding a little vinegar. The beauty of a homemade cleaning solution made with Lemon essential oil is that it doesn’t include all the chemicals that store-bought cleaners have. You can rest easy knowing that your cleaning agent won’t pose a threat to you and your family, because it is chemical-free! Want more Lemon oil cleaning ideas? Try this easy and effective glass cleanser.
- While Lemon essential oil holds many cleansing and purifying properties when used topically, it can also be very beneficial when taken internally. When seasonal changes start to bother you, try taking Lemon internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.* Aside from assisting with respiratory discomfort, Lemon oil can also be taken internally to naturally cleanse the body and aid in digestion.* When taking Lemon essential oil internally, dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid. As mentioned above, you can also find creative ways to add Lemon to your water. Once you’ve discovered your preferred method for taking Lemon oil internally, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of respiratory assistance and body cleansing.*
- Stubborn, sticky residue used to be an annoyance, but with the help of Lemon essential oil, you can get rid of goopy messes without hours of scrubbing or the use of toxic chemicals. Did you peel the price tag off of your new water bottle only to find a sticky residue left behind? Does your toddler’s fascination with stickers frequently result in an adhesive mess on the bedroom wall? Did your teenager leave behind a big sticky mess after making a PB&J sandwich five hours ago? Normally, these situations would mean a long night of scrubbing for you, with remnants of a sticky mess still left behind. However, adding a little Lemon essential oil to a cloth will help you get rid of these messes (and others like them) in practically no time at all.
There is a doTERRA essential oil, supplement, personal care item or cleaning product for everything you need! Let me help you navigate your path to freedom from everyday toxicity one step at a time. I can help you help your body be an efficient working machine from your Rooter to your Tooter! #holistic.farm.home